Извор: WUNRN – 12.03.2017
Report on the Right of Persons with Disabilities to Work: Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights
(An easy to read version)
This report is about the right of persons with disabilities
Work is important.
- When you work, you get paid. This means you have money to pay for food, clothes, housing and other things you need.
- At work, you can learn new skills or get better at things you already know.
- When you work, you take part in the community. You help to make the life of the community better.
The United Nations says that everyone has the right to work.
This also means that:
- Everyone has the right to choose how and where they want to work.
- Everyone has the right to be treated well at work.
- Everyone has the right to get help from the state when they cannot work.
There are many laws and agreements between states about the right to work.
For persons with disabilities, finding a job is not easy.
Many persons with disabilities are jobless.
In this report, you will read about:
- Why is it hard for persons with disabilities to find work
- What the United Nations says about the right of persons with disabilities to work.
In this part you will read about:
The right to have a regular job
Having more companies hire persons with disabilities
Fair working conditions
Protecting persons with disabilities from abuse at work
3. What else needs to happen